On December 23, 2016, TiDB RC1 is released. See the following updates in this release:
- The write speed has been improved.
- The disk space usage is reduced.
- Hundreds of TBs of data can be supported.
- The stability is improved and TiKV can support a cluster with 200 nodes.
- Supports the Raw KV API and the Golang client.
- The scheduling strategy framework is optimized and now the strategy is more flexible and reasonable.
- The support for
labelis added to support Cross Data Center scheduling.
- PD Controller is provided to operate the PD cluster more easily.
- The following features are added or improved in the SQL query optimizer:
- Eager aggregation
- More detailed
- Parallelization of the
- Optimization of the subquery performance
- Optimization of the conditional push-down
- Optimization of the Cost Based Optimizer (CBO) framework
- The implementation of the time related data types are refactored to improve the compatibility with MySQL.
- More built-in functions in MySQL are supported.
- The speed of the
add indexstatement is enhanced.
- The following statements are supported:
- Use the
CHANGE COLUMNstatement to change the name of a column.
CHANGE COLUMNof the
ALTER TABLEstatement for some of the column type transfer.
- Use the
Loaderis added to be compatible with the
mydumperdata format in Percona and provides the following functions:
- Multi-thread import
- Retry if error occurs
- Breakpoint resume
- Targeted optimization for TiDB
- The tool for one-click deployment is added.